Institute of Epidemiology Disease Control and Research
- TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR `DATA MANAGEMENT OFFICER` UNDER CHILD HEALTH & MORTALITY PREVENTION SURVEILLANCE (CHAMPS) PROJECT OF IEDCR
- Duty station: at IEDCR.
- Duration of the contract: 12 months (Starting from June 2020 to May 2021). Based on performance and availability of fund, tenure may be increased further.
- Data Management Officer’s job will be contractual. S/he will be responsible for collection, cleaning and analyzing data, preparing report, help visualize data. Her/His Terms of References are:
- Help develop protocols, calculate sample size, and develop tools for data collection along with the data analysis plan with appropriate statistical techniques.
- Provide technical support to implement the adopted tools, supervise and monitor data collection and provide timely feedback
- Help safe storage of the collected data
- Regular quality checks, data cleaning and providing timely feedback to minimise data errors
- Assist data entry in different electronic system/software, and regular monitoring of those data for different quality checks
- As needed visit surveillance sites for any trouble shooting.
- Ensure quality of data all through the surveillance system
- Analyse data in line with the plan, prepare reports
- Help draft manuscript/reports/bulletin for publication
- Assist IT section in developing appropriate software for data collection and reporting
- Visualize data using appropriate techniques/software
- Any other activities assigned by project manager/Director IEDCR
- B Sc,(Hons) M. c./MS (Statistics) with minimum 2nd class or equivalent GPA
- At least 3 year(s)
- Proficiency: SPSS/STATA, Computer literacy in MS Office incl. Excel, Data Visualization
- Experience: At least 3 years experience in independent data analysis preferably in research or public health sector
- Age limit: <40 years (in case of experienced candidates it might be relaxed)
Read Before Apply
Suitable applicants are to submit application, online to below mentioned e-mail ID mentioning the name of the position applied for in the subject section of the mail.
Submit the printed copy of all documents to “Director, Institute of Epidemiology Disease Control & Research (IEDCR), Old DGHS Campus, Mohakhali Dhaka-1212”.
Only short-listed candidates will be contact.
IEDCR e-mail for application submission: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application submission deadline: 17:00hrs, 31 May, 2020
All applicants should submit the soft copies of the following:
1. Application to the Director by mentioning the post applied for and justification in favor
2. Curriculum Vitae (CV)
3. Passport size recent photograph (taken within last 6 months)
4. Scan copy of National ID-Card
5. Scan copy of all qualification certificates
6. Scan copy of experience certificates
Application Deadline : May 31, 2020