Lead Training and Liaison Manager
BBC Media Action
BBC Media Action is the BBC`s international development charity. We use media and communications to reduce poverty and promote human rights in developing countries. We partner with civil society, local media and others to produce creative programmes in multi-media formats which inform and engage audiences around key development issues and strengthen the media sector through capacity building. Our work is built on insights from our research and engagement with communities and is focused on three key themes: governance and human rights, health and resilience.
- Manage BBC Media Action’s training and liaison staff in Cox’s Bazar to ensure they deliver quality programs on time and within budget.
- Oversee the design, development and delivery of training and mentoring activities.
- Be responsible for developing and implementing timelines and work plans for the project.
- Establish and maintain strong strategic and operational relationships with UN, NGO and government agencies operating in Cox’s Bazar.
- Ensure that safeguarding issues are factored in to the design and delivery of training and outreach activities; and that staff and partners involved in training activities receive relevant and timely training and guidance on safeguarding issues
- Ensure that BBC Media Action is regularly represented in sector and working group meetings, representing and advocating for the community engagement common service as required.
- Work with partners to identify key engagement and accountability needs and gaps.
- Manage the design of community engagement & accountability strategies, systems and processes for use across the response.
- Liaise with media production colleagues to ensure that community-facing communication materials and products meet the needs of the project.
- Lead the design of engaging and effective training sessions and training materials (including syllabuses, course structures, session plans and hand out/toolkit materials).
- Manage the development and delivery of outreach and training activities, ensuring that deliverables are on track, on time and to the required quality standard.
- Deliver effective and engaging training for participants from partner organisations.
- Mentor personnel from BBC Media Action as well as partner organisations, ensuring that they receive the support they need as they roll out community engagement and accountability activities at community level.
- Work with the Senior Project Manager to produce timely and accurate forecasting and reporting information.
- Provide line management and guidance to the training and liaison managers and support to more junior staff within the training and liaison team.
- Work closely with teams across BBC Media Action Bangladesh and consortium partners to ensure that communication with partners is planned, co-ordinated and effective.
- Sustained experience of partnership working, with the confidence and proven ability to deal with a wide range of stakeholders and partners.
- Excellent knowledge of the global humanitarian system and standards.
- Strong experience in delivering Communication with Communities, Community Engagement and/or Accountability programmes in a response or preparedness setting.
- Well-developed experience of designing and delivering face-to-face training and mentoring programmes in a development setting.
- Experience and knowledge of informal training methods, including group-work facilitation and participatory approaches.
- Well developed IT skills, including Microsoft Office.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to form and maintain effective working relationships at all levels.
- Excellent written and spoken English and Bangla skills.
- Chittagonian and/or Rohingya language skills
- Proven experience in line management, team leadership and/or other people-management functions
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, with the proven ability to priorities, work independently and maintain attention to detail.
- Good awareness of safeguarding issues and the proven ability to take responsibility for applying and enforcing safeguarding policies
- Commitment to equal opportunities and health & safety.