Psychologist New Job Circular-2020
Medecins Sans Frontieres/ Doctors Without Borders (MSF)
- Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international medical humanitarian organization working in more than 70 countries worldwide. We deliver emergency medical care to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural or manmade disasters. MSF first worked in Bangladesh in 1992.
- MSF stands against all forms of discrimination on whatever basis, be it of gender, age, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, political opinion, legal status, or any such arbitrary and false distinction.
- Providing psychological support to patients according to MSF principles, standards and procedures in order to improve the patients’ mental health.
- Carrying out evaluation of mental health needs of patients and establishing a diagnosis and a plan of treatment. Informing the patient and his/her relatives about the possible consequences of the illness and the drug treatment to follow and referring patients to other health professionals whenever necessary, in order to provide the most appropriate treatment and improve the patient’s condition
- Implementing the Sexual Gender Based Violence (SGBV) protocol, identifying possible victims of SGBV and referring them to the medical team so that they receive the necessary treatment.
- Providing psychological support and psychotherapy sessions (individual, family, group) to patients according to MSF protocols in order to improve their mental health conditions
- Assisting and training staff members and resourceful people whenever necessary in order to enhance the scope of MH activities. Working in close collaboration with translators in order to ensure appropriate terminology and behavior during sessions
- Collecting statistical and monitoring data about mental health activities
- Informing the supervisor and the medical team about any issues or problems that may arise related to patients’ treatment in order to provide the best possible solution from a medical perspective
- Ensuring that all patient information is kept confidential.
- Master of Science (MSc) in Psychology, Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Psychology
- University of Dhaka,Jagannath University students will get preference
At least 2 year(s)
- Essential Masters degree or diploma in applied Psychology which includes clinical and
- counselling psychology.
- Essential minimum 2 years experience providing psychotherapy, therapy or similar services to patients.
- Desirable previous experience with NGOs or other NGOs in developing countries.
- Oral and written English essential
- Oral and written Bangla essential
- Chittagonian / Rohingya desirable
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel)
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Behavioural Flexibility
- Commitment to MSF Principles
- Stress Management
Salary according to level 07 of the internal MSF salary grid.
Compensation & Other Benefits
- 3 months contract renewable based on performance and operational needs.
- 2 annual leave days per month worked. Medical insurance for employee and direct
- No relocation allowance shall be provided.
Read Before Apply
Hardcopy: MSF Goyalmara Office: Goyalmara MSF office, Palongkhali, Cox´s Bazar
Softcopy: Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject stating the position you are applying for (PSYCHOLOGIST) and its code (PSY0620) plus your name